Vic Boone comic needs artist--Will be published

I lost my artist today and need to find a replacement. The book, Vic Boone, will be published. I've signed the contract.

I can't pay upfront.(lost 99% of you there). I will split all profits 50/50. As I said, the book will be published by a company (not just me through ka-blam). And I will pimp it to no end. Look I know no pay upfront is lame. I wish it wasn't the case. I did comic art for years and know it's a time consuming thing.

Here's an 8 pager by the original artist--one before last. It gives a good idea of the feel of the work. I also have the first issue written.

http://shawnaldridge.webs.com/apps/...albumid=9575987

I don't need to some to mimic the style, but just be sure you fit this style of comic book.

here's some more art. This by the guy who I just lost
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=479612106907&set=t.502733129
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=169177396432002&set=a.167475939935481.47988.167199353296473

and the company publishing it.

http://215ink.com/blog/?p=156

I will letter and color.

please email cantukeeslim@gmail.com, if interested.
Geplaatst op 30/10/2010 Citeren
cantukeeslim
Geplaatst op 30/10/2010
Crew
I have the time nor the talent needed, but good luck with your quest!
Geplaatst op 31/10/2010 Citeren
Surya
Geplaatst op 31/10/2010
Crew
Toch even vermelden dat ik een viruswarning krijg als ik naar de site van de uitgever ga.

En waarom gebruikt Shawn Aldridge trouwens de mail cantukeeslim@gmail.com ?
Geplaatst op 31/10/2010 Citeren
woelfie
Geplaatst op 31/10/2010
Origineel geplaatst door woelfie
Toch even vermelden dat ik een viruswarning krijg als ik naar de site van de uitgever ga.

En waarom gebruikt Shawn Aldridge trouwens de mail cantukeeslim@gmail.com ?

Cantukeeslim is my nickname. When I made the email name a long time ago I used it. Kentucky(cantukees) is where I was born in US.

There is no virus on website of 215ink. The problem is browser based. Chrome reads the site as bad. Firefox, Safari, and IE don't read it as virus. It has something to do with advert. The problem is being worked on by publisher.

I promise it is not a bad site.
Geplaatst op 01/11/2010 Citeren
cantukeeslim
Geplaatst op 01/11/2010
I checked your site using FF, and didn't get any virus warning at all.

Comic looks cool by the way, congrats.
Hope you 'll find an artist. I couldn't draw a straight line to save my life, so for that reason, I'm fired before I was even hired in the first place.

Oh, and do you understand Dutch or was Google Translations a big help?
Chris Van de Meerssche
Geplaatst op 01/11/2010
Origineel geplaatst door Chris Van de Meerssche

Hope you 'll find an artist. I couldn't draw a straight line to save my life, so for that reason, I'm fired before I was even hired in the first place.

I can understand a little Dutch having been exposed to it through here. But it's very little, so I use google translate, which helps but sometimes it's translation requires a bit of creative thinking. I tried to use it to post here--taking my English and translating it into Dutch--I sounded like a moron according to a few posters/friends on here. ha. ha.
cantukeeslim
Geplaatst op 01/11/2010
Origineel geplaatst door cantukeeslim
Origineel geplaatst door Chris Van de Meerssche

I can understand a little Dutch having been exposed to it through here. But it's very little, so I use google translate, which helps but sometimes it's translation requires a bit of creative thinking. I tried to use it to post here--taking my English and translating it into Dutch--I sounded like a moron according to a few posters/friends on here. ha. ha.

Ah yes, the miracles of machine translation - not.
It's allright as long as you use simple sentences with a subject - verb - object structure without any ambiguous words or expressions. But other than that, it's purdy darn useless if you ask me.

Maybe in about 20 years or so... and then some
Chris Van de Meerssche
Geplaatst op 01/11/2010
Ha.ha. Yeah. Right now it just gives you a hint as to what is really being said.
cantukeeslim
Geplaatst op 01/11/2010